Saturday, May 4, 2013

I Hope They Call Me On a Mission!

Missionaries change lives.  We usually think of them changing lives of those who are not members of the Church, but they also have changed mine.  I never wanted to go on a mission.  Age 21 always seemed to me like a really awkward time to go, and had it set in mind that I would just go with my husband when we were older.  Then, we had some sister missionaries come to our ward ( we hadn't had any for a while), and that all changed.  As I watched them, talked to them, and heard their testimonies there was a feeling in my heart that I could not get out of my mind.  I needed to go on a mission.

Over the next few months, it got more and more prevalent and it was almost set in stone.  I really, really, really wanted to go on a mission. There was still one problem: I did not want to go at 21. It was right at this time that I was starting to doubt if I should go ( I knew I still had years ahead of me to decide), when President Monson made the historic announcement that Sisters could now go on missions at 19.  I'm not kidding.  I was thinking about it the entire way home from a camping trip that morning. Crazy, huh? I have to say that was one of the best moments of my life. I knew at that point that I was not going to let anything get in the way of me going on a mission.  I wanted (and still want) to go and serve the Lord with all my heart.

Since then, there have been so many more Sisters sent out into the world than ever before. In fact, this week, for the first time in history, there are more sister missionaries in the Provo MTC than Elders! Along with that, we are getting a ton of sister missionaries in our area.  Right now we have three sets! They continue to be an amazing example to me and I get more excited to go every time I talk to them.

I absolutely cannot wait to go on my mission.  I want to share the glorious truths I know with anyone and everyone I can.  The gospel of Jesus Christ is everything to me, and I want others to be able to have that sure foundation to build their lives on.

 Just like Elder Russell M. Nelson said in General Conference, "Ask the Missionaries. They can help you!"
They aren't scary and I promise they won't try to force feed anything down your throat. They are young men and women with a desire to serve God, and they would love to serve you. I cannot put into words how much I love the missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment