Saturday, April 27, 2013

In the Service of Your God

Today we had a stake day of service, pulling weeds at a local cave. To make it even more of an adventure, it was raining. A TON. We spent several hours on the side of a cliff, tearing out weeds, drenched in mud. A few times we almost slipped down in a mudslide, but thankfully we were always there to lift each other up. Today I was muddier than I have ever been in my whole life.  (This picture was AFTER I cleaned off to get in the car, if that says anything)

 

So, I could have spent the day relaxing at home, but instead I chose to get covered in mud.  Being a person who doesn't usually like to get dirty, this doesn't make much sense.  But this scripture sums it up quite perfectly.

Mosiah 2: 17 ~ "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom;  that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

 I love God and want to serve Him in any way that I can. By serving others, I am serving Him.  It doesn't matter how dirty I get in the process. I love Him with all my heart.

And just like the young men in my ward were there to lift me up slick patches on the hill, when I serve others, Christ will always be there to lift me to safe, higher ground.




No comments:

Post a Comment